Last Updated: November 5, 2021 (taken effect on 21 November, 2021)
Recently updated items are shown in blue.
Privacy & Cookies Policy | Terms of Service
Hello there! I am Ken and welcome to Ken's Study Journey!
As I am a top student around my school and some of my extra curricula, I need to have a cozy and safe studying and working environment.
In order to keep my services safe and maintain a quiet, comfortable, and safe study environment, I made my Terms of Service to regulate people's behaviours while using my services. You should read it carefully before using them.
If you cannot understand this text, you may ask your parents, teachers, friends or contact me to fully understand them.
1. About my Services
My name is Ken Deng and this is Ken's Study Journey website and blog, so 'I', 'me', and 'my' in its services means 'Ken Deng'. Ken's Study Journey is the brand name of Ken Deng's public resources of my study tips and tutorials.
My service includes my personal website (www.kendeng1603.com), Ken's Study Journey website and apps (www.kenstudyjourney.com), Ken's Study Planner website and apps (planner.kenstudyjourney.com), Ken's Study Newsletter, and activities organised by me. This term applies to all of my services.
2. Who can Use my Services?
Anyone at any age can use my services, except spammers and spambots.
If you are under 12 years old, you should use my services under the supervision and guidance by your parents.
If you are a parent and you allow your children to use my services, you should supervise them with the obedience of my Terms of Service, letting them use my website correctly.
If you are a hacker, please report the bugs in my service to me as you found. You must not disrupt the order on any of my services.
Please Note: Hacking into my server will cause my server to present an emergency Internet disconnection.
I speak English and Chinese (Simplified, Mandarin) and all of my services are available in all of these languages, except for audio articles. You can send me comments and messages in these languages.
You can choose a language that is suitable for yourself, or use translators or translation apps to translate them into the language you are speaking.
You may report the mistakes in languages such as English grammatical mistakes. I will correct them and be more cautious in the future.
I use my maximum effort to translate most parts on my services correctly. The English version shall prevail if there are translation errors.
4. Study from Me
You may disassemble any of my programs if the local law permitted. All of my apps and programs are Free Software and open-source, and you can use them free of charge, unless noted otherwise. They should be used only for studying or doing research. However, leaking any of the relevant content from them publicly is strictly prohibited.
You may make friends with me so that we will be able to share your personal experiences and study better.
I do not discriminate anyone with different gender, ages, racisms, countries/regions, IP addresses MAC addresses, browsers, operating systems (e.g. Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and even Huawei Harmony OS), brand or models of devices, screen sizes, etc. Different kinds of people or devices are treated equally and they have the same right to enjoy all of my services.
However, I may ban some robots or users who usually send spam messages or emails to keep my services run normally for you.
I usually use my skills and maximum effort to help others about studying, solving others' problems, interpreting my contents as an understandable format, providing personal advice, making tutorials, and generating personal ideas. I am glad to help you.
You may request assistance at any time unless I don't have an opportunity for helping others. Just contact me on the contact page.
Getting help from me is completely free. You do not need to pay any extra for getting help.
You do not need to create an account for browsing my website, sending comments or voting on my articles, but you may need to create an account to use all of my service (e.g. Ken's Study Planner).
You need to provide and verify your email address and/or phone number to create an account to verify your identification. You need to use them to recover your account or reset your password.
All of your information, such as passwords, are saved and encrypted on my server securely, and I will let you know if the passwords have been stolen by hackers.
You may subscribe to my blog or email newsletter to get my new articles. If you no longer need them, you can unsubscribe from my email newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe button on any of my emails.
The new content notifications will be sent to the subscribers by the system automatically. I will not modify the subscriber details of my newsletter without your permission or send spams to the subscribers.
I will never leak your email addresses and I recommend you to use some privacy protections such as Apple's iCloud+ Email Privacy Relay (coming soon, i.e. fake random email addresses).
You may send comments on my articles to express your opinions, ideas, or suggestions, but you must not send prohibited contents listed in the Article 15 below.
I may reject and delete negative comments that can affect the views, subscribers amount, or my feelings, with email notice.
I only accept comments in English and Chinese (both simplified and traditional). I will reply to them using the corresponding language. All comments in other languages will be neglected and deleted.
I only check your content, such as comments, that shows on my website publicly artificially, but I will not check your other content, such as your daily goals recorded on Ken's Study Planner or your password.
I never check your content on third-party platforms (outside my domains: kenstudyjourney.com, kendeng1603.com and their apps) without your permission.
11. Sharing and Advertisement
All of my services are non-profit and completely free. There are no advertisements on my website.
You are allowed to use an adblocker on your browsers or devices.
You may share or pass any of my content (e.g. my articles, PDF files and other resources) to your friends or any other people free of charge, but you must not resell them to earn money without my permission.
12. Privacy Safety & Cookies
I care about your privacy safety which is my responsibility. You can control my privacy usage by yourself.
I strictly not collect or share your private information (e. g. ID Card Number) unless the law requires.
You also can send a request to me to view, correct and delete your data from my server.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, I may collect some necessary information on my server, such as your body temperature, when participating in my activities.
For more information, please see my Privacy & Cookies Policy.
13. Academic Honesty
Academic honesty is a set of principles about making your own work and avoid using other's ideas without their permission (known as plagiarism).
If you are a student, parent or teacher, you should obey academic honesty rules when using my website.
I will label the references information at the bottom of my articles clearly to make sure my articles are not plagiarized from other's articles, such as name, published date, publish house information, link, etc.
You may copy-paste or reblog any parts, such as my articles, on my website without my permission. However, you must label the references with the name of the author and the links when quoting my work on your projects and reblogging my articles.
There is no penalty for violating the academic honesty principle on my website, but be sure to follow the rules in your school or college.
14. Encouraged Contents
You are encouraged to send the following contents what I am appreciated.
- Your normal comments, messages, and letters;
- Your problems on studying;
- Your suggestions and ideas;
- Pointing my mistakes (e.g. my English pronunciation on my audio articles);
- Thank letters;
- Saying 'Hello!';
- Asking me for teaching some knowledge (if you are a student);
- Share your own experiences;
15. Prohibited Contents
In order to maintain a great user experience and Internet environment, the following contents must not be send and published while using my services:
Prohibited Contents of Regulations in PRC
- Opposing the basic principles defined in the constitution;
- Endangering national security, divulging state secrets, subverting state power and undermining national unity;
- Harming the honor and interests of the state;
- Distorting, vilifying, blaspheming or negating the deeds and spirit of heroes and martyrs, and infringing upon the names, portraits, reputation and honor of heroes and martyrs by insulting, slandering or other means;
- Propagating terrorism or extremism or inciting terrorist or extremist activities;
- Inciting national hatred and discrimination and undermining national unity;
- Undermining state religious policies and propagating cults and feudal Superstitions;
- Disseminating rumors and disturbing economic and social order;
- Disseminating obscenity, pornography, gambling, violence, murder, terror or abetting crime;
- Insulting or slandering others and infringing upon the reputation, privacy and other legitimate rights and interests of others;
- Using exaggerated titles, and the content is seriously inconsistent with the title;
- Hype gossip, scandal, bad deeds, etc;
- Improper comments on natural disasters, major accidents and other disasters;
- With sexual suggestion, sexual teasing, etc., which are easy to make people have sexual Association;
- Show people's physical and mental discomfort caused by blood, horror and cruelty;
- Inciting crowd discrimination, regional discrimination, etc;
- Propagating vulgar, vulgar and kitsch contents;
- Contents that may cause minors to imitate unsafe behaviors, violate social morality, induce minors' bad habits, etc;
- Other contents that have an adverse impact on the network ecology;
- Other contents prohibited by laws and administrative regulations in PRC (People's Republic of China).
Note: This text was translated from regulations written in Chinese. The Chinese version shall prevail if there are translation errors in this section.
Prohibited Contents of Regulations in the UK
- Pornography and adult contents;
- Obscene, rape or torture contents;
- Racist materials;
- Morbid contents;
- Online bullying, harassment and cyber-stalking;
- Online gambling;
- Other contents prohibited by laws in the United Kingdom.
My Prohibited Contents
Advertisements that offer me any services, like SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), Website Design, Search Engine Page Ranking;
Note: You can discuss about topics and relevant issues like SEO and share your website/blog on the comment area. However, you must not provide me relevant services or promote relevant websites of some service advertisements.
- Profanity, obscene or school bullying languages;
- Phishing scams;
Malicious codes and computer viruses;
You may send some codes to disguss some programming-related problems, but you must not use codes to change the style of your comments or send harmful codes.
For safety reasons, if the system detects programming codes. They will be escaped and hence they will not be executed.
- Contents that can damage the reputations of me, my school, my extra curriculum institutes, etc.;
- Contents that can interrupt me from studying normally;
- Contents that can disrupt the order of keeping my website or server running normally;
- Contents related to piracy or cracked software and apps;
- My other prohibited negative contents.
If you have any doubts about whether a content or behaviour are banned, you may ask me by sending me emails.
If your content contains prohibited content listed above, it will be rejected during moderation and will not displayed on my website publicly.
16. Prohibited Actions
While using my services, you must not:
- Hack into or destroy my website, systems, or servers illegally;
- Attack my server, including but not limiting to password cracking, DDoS, SSH, injection using bugs;
- Resell my Logo, free resources or things and earn money, or use them for commercial purposes;
- Leak my privacy without my permission. (e.g. ID Card Number, Bank Card Password);
- Send spam messages, emails, or comments to me by batch;
- Send negative comments on my blog articles;
- Resell my free things;
- Trespassing into my private areas;
- Trespass into my website's backend or administration page, including but not limiting to FTP, web admin page, SSH, remote desktop;
- Trespass into my devices or server.
Pointing your domain name to my server’s IP address without my permission (except for modifying your hosts files on your device for testing purposes);
You can access my server via IP address directly, but you cannot point your domain names to my server.
- Imitate my official websites to provide counterfeit study tips or defraud visitors (including but not limiting to Ken Deng, Ken’s Study Journey and Ken’s Study Planner);
- Imitate my website’s login pages to defraud users;
- Send phishing emails about my personal brand to users;
My blog articles, audio articles, images on my website, and my resources with copyright symbol are copyrighted unless noted otherwise.
Reblogging my blog articles are allowed as long as you label the name of author and the link, and you can put my audio articles into your reblogged article.
Removing the watermark of my sources is allowed such as images, and you can use all of my sources personally. However, you must not resell them or use them for commercial purposes without my permission.
If my contents (e.g. my articles) infringes your copyright, you need to tell me about this. I will delete or label them as soon as possible.
I will give you a criticism and education, reminder or warning for the first violation, and I will give a chance to correct your errors.
I have rights to ban some IP addresses or email addresses or terminate accounts for repeated violations of this Terms of Service. For example, sending a lot of spam comments or emails, or disrupting my server or system from working normally.
I have rights to report counterfeit Ken Deng or Ken's Study Journey websites or phishing emails to ensure that students can have a safe studying experience and environment.
I never asks for your personal information via email and links. Do not click any links in my email associated with your account. Any operations, including changing your password and enhancing the security, associated with your account can only be done on my official website and apps.
On my new website, you can check the validity of my emails on my website using my invented anti-phishing system.
You can forward your phishing email and write "Report Counterfeit Email" to my email addresses (shown on Contact page) to report them to me.
You can delete your account, unsubscribe from my newsletter, and stop accessing my website if you don't want to use my services anymore at any time.
I pay my maximum effort to make sure that my services work best for everyone, but I cannot promise that my services always work normally for you. My services may not work for some reasons.
If there is an error of my services, I will fix it immediately, but it may take a few hours to fix, please be patient.
I will not indemnify to you for the following situations:
- My website, server, or systems have been hacked.
- My server is crashed for some reason (e.g. a large number of spam comments, DDoS attack).
- My website or blog is temporarily out of service for special reasons (e.g. My study tasks is harder than making public resources).
- There is a natural disaster (e.g. Conflagration, Earthquake, Flooding).
- There is an error on the computer system (e.g. power failure, scheduled maintenance, software error, Internet cable failure, computer viruses)
- You have violated the Terms of Service.
I may disclose some information about schools, technology companies, things happened in some news, and so on in my blog articles to ensure the integrity of my contents. For example, GCGS (my school), PCIS (my previous junior high school), Apple, Microsoft.
If you are a staff and you do not want your information to be displayed in my website and blog, please contact me to delete them.
Some information on my blog are for reference only and they may be inaccurate. I cannot guarantee that all content on my website are correct.
You may need to indemnify to me if you violate the Terms of Service and disrupt my orders with unexpected monetary or property loss.
If I damage or destroy your things severely while using my services properly, I also have to indemnify to you. You can make a request for your severe damage. The maximum amount of indemnify of each time is 1,000 CNY. For example, my website and my apps may damage your devices due to severe bugs.
My services are based in the People Republic of China (PRC) and I will go to the United Kingdom for university later on. You should also obey laws in the People's Republic of China and the United Kingdom while using my services. The laws in China shall prevail if there are conflicts in laws between countries/regions.
You must not send any prohibited contents mentioned above and of your local laws.
I may change my Terms and Conditions when allowed by the laws of the People Republic of China and/or the United Kingdom.
If my Terms and Conditions conflict with your local laws, please let me know immediately. You may temporarily violate my Terms of Service and obey the local laws during this period and you will not be penalised for appropriate reasons while filing an appeal.
22. Change and Update
I may change the Terms and Conditions at any time. When I make new Terms and Conditions, I will let you know about this, using email newsletter, social media and reminding banners.
After I have updated my rules and policies, if you want to continue to use my services, you should agree with my new version of them. If you do not agree with my new rules and policies, you should stop to use my services before the date they take effect.
23. About the Terms
If you have any questions or doubts about the terms, please contact me and I will help you to understand them.
I have the right to interpret this policy if you do not understand them.