Last Updated: 20 Dec. 2022 (Taken Effect on 1 Jan. 2023)
Privacy & Cookies Policy | Terms of Service
You may read the Simplified Version to briefly understand the content. However, please read the full text for full legal requirements.
Why I made a Simplified Version?
In 2022, I discovered that some students violated the Terms of Service on some websites (e.g. spam/negative comments, (D)DoS attack).
Hello there! I am Ken and welcome to Ken's Study Journey!
In order to maintain a quiet, comfortable, and safe study environment, I made my Terms of Service to regulate user behaviours. You should read carefully before use.
My services will not only comply with relevant laws and regulations but also be friendly to you and be a service provider you enjoy.
You need to obey the rules to use my services.
Anyone can use my services. Children need to be supervised by their parents in order to use my services correctly.
I speak English and Simplified Chinese, but the main language of my services is English.
You can report any grammatical, spelling, pronunciation and translation errors on my services.
You can learn from my experiences, program codes, and other resources.
I do not discriminate against any users with different characteristics such as countries/regions and operating systems.
If you need help at any point, you can contact me to get help.
You do not need an account to use most services, but you need it for using some services like Ken’s Study Planner.
You are responsible for your account, including your password and content.
You can subscribe to my email newsletter for free and you can unsubscribe and cancel them at any time.
You can send comments on my articles in English and Chinese as long as they do not have my prohibited content.
I will only check your content on my services that displays publicly.
I may show your IP address locations in “State/Province, Country” under your comments in order to prevent spam and according to China regulations.
My services do not have ads and you can use ad-blockers.
You can share my articles and other resources, but you must not resell my resources.
I protect your privacy and do not disclose your data without your permission according to my Privacy & Cookies Policy.
You can send normal and positive content, but you cannot send spam and negative content.
You also need to follow the laws and regulations in China and the United Kingdom while sending content.
Content Can be Sent
- Your problems on studying
- Your suggestions and ideas
- Pointing out my mistakes
- Thank letters
- Say ‘Hello!’
- Ask me for teaching some knowledge
- Share your own experiences
- Encourage others to study better
- Share your study/productivity resources (e.g. website/blog, YouTube channel)
Content Cannot be Sent
- Phishing scams
- Malicious program codes
- Large amount of repetitive content (and not positive)
- Exert unnecessary burden
- Completed unrelated content
- Damage reputations
- Hamper me/others from studying
- Disrupt my website order
- Piracy/Cracked software and apps
- Suppress other competitors
- Laugh at or scold others
- Negatively comment on other's weaknesses
- Profanity, obscene or school bullying
Under each category, examples of violations and suggestions are shown in the full version of the Terms of Service.
You cannot carry out misbehaviours on my services, for example:
- Hack into or destroy my website, systems, or servers illegally;
- Circumvent my server’s security controls and gain access or permissions illegally (e.g. password brute-force cracking, (D)DoS, SSH, XSS and SQL injection);
- Leak my private/personal information;
- Repeatedly send spam/negative content;
- Resell my free resources and monetise (earn money);
- Trespass into my private areas;
- Trespass into my website's backend (e.g. FTP, web admin page, SSH, remote desktop);
- Point your domain names to my server’s IP addresses;
- Imitate, make and publicise counterfeit Ken’s Study Journey websites or login pages;
- Send phishing emails using my personal brand;
- Spread rumours about me, my website and resources with harmful effects;
- Use my identity to post content on other websites and platforms;
- Intend to prevent others from using my services and resources.
For example, you cannot prevent other users/students, under the same internal network and public IP address, by making your public IP address banned by sending a large number of requests and/or spam comments.
My materials and resources are protected by copyright.
I reserve all rights to my Articles, YouTube videos and Social Media Posts (depending on the platform’s policies).
My creative items including posters, banners, slogans and templates are in CC BY-NC-SA license. This means that you can modify and re-distribute them without my permission, but you must include credits (i.e. include my name and link back to my website and original content).
You can use my materials personally, but you cannot resell my free materials without my permission.
I understand that some students may violate terms and rules by mistakes, so I will educate you to correct your behaviours if you violate my Terms of Service.
Don’t be disheartened if you violated my Terms of Service by mistake. I will lead you to the right direction and you can correct your errors.
I may ban users for repeated violations without any corrections in a short time.
If you want to stop using my services, you can delete your account (by clicking Delete Account on Study Planner Settings) and unsubscribe from my email newsletter (by clicking the footer’s Unsubscribe button/link) and delete Cookies by yourself.
I pay my maximum effort to ensure that my services work best for you.
However, I cannot guarantee that my services can work 100% correctly at all times and all content on my services is 100% correct and accurate.
I have no responsibility for such outages or damage, including third-party websites and links displayed.
I will not indemnify you for some inexorable situations, such as natural disasters and unstable Internet.
I will indemnify you if my services result in your property loss (e.g. damaging your devices). You should also indemnify me if you violate my Terms of Service and result in my property loss.
My servers and branches are in China and the United Kingdom and so my services follow the laws and regulations of these countries.
I may change my policies (e.g. Terms of Service) at any time according to the laws and regulations. I will notify you after each change.
If you continue to use my services after such changes, you should agree with the new policies, or you will need to stop using my services.