Recently, I have simplified the language on my website. Some extraneous contents have been removed and/or simplified.
Hello there! I am Ken, an A Level student. In my free time, I share articles about my study tips, habits and school life to help you study productively and diligently.
Location: Guangzhou, China
Languages: English, Chinese-Simplified
Course: International A Level
Major: Computer Science
School: Guangdong Country Garden School
Since 2019, I have been featured by some schools and praised by some parents. Then I began sharing my study tips to the public.FAQ Contact Me
- A* Flies to the Sky, Making your Future Bright!
- Great Study Habits are Productive
- Computer Components and Programming
- Table Tennis
- Make English Friends
- Personal Study Tips by Students
My Favourite Things
- Colour: Violet (#7d0dff, RGB: 125, 13, 255)
- Foods: Beef Steak, Pizza, Chips
- Sport: Table Tennis
- Instruments: Piano
- Movies: The Secret Superstar
- Countries: China, United Kingdom
- Cities: Guanzhou, China; London, United Kingdom
- Edit pictures with Photoshop.
- Make videos on computers.
- Fix computer problems.
- Type about 100 English words per minute.
Passed Exams and Honors
- Cambridge KET and PET
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) programming certificate
- Piano Grade 10 of Guangdong Musicians Association
- Piano Grade 8 of Associated Board Royal School of Music (ABRSM)
- IELTS Band 7.0 (Listening: 7.5; Reading: 7.0; Writing: 6.0; Speaking: 6.5) (6.0 per component)
My Favorite Places in Guangzhou, China
- Guangzhou Library
- Canton Tower
- Baiyun Mountain
- Zhujiang New Town
- Guangzhou Books Centre
- "Discover and Share Knowledge in Real Life" study methodology
- "Separative Study System" study methodology
- Use old phones to make smart desk clock and timer in my bedroom
"Great Study Habits are Productive" Posters
Ken's Study Planner app with Days Left Counter
About Ken's Study Journey
Brand and Logo
Ken's Study Journey is my personal brand. I provide high-quality articles, resources, and even lectures related to my study tips, tools, habits, and school life.
The name "Ken's Study Journey" simplifies the topics of my personal contents. It means you will study better as you explore my resources.
Ken’s Study Journey is the brand name of my public resources about studying productively.
For more information about my Logo, please see Brand Resources page.
My website is targeted for some students, for example:
- International school students.
- UK students studying GCSE and A Level.
- University and college students.
Apart from Ken's Study Journey, there are also other studying websites by students.
My Website and Brand History
My website was established on 14 February 2019.
I firstly built my website on WordPress.com because many people use WordPress to build their personal website.
Then, I migrated my website to GoDaddy due to the restrictions of the previous host. However, some schoolmates complained that my website was slow, because of the limited overseas network.
My brand name used to be my English name, Ken Deng. This is due to the large uncertainty of my topics.
I have shared my traveling routes, a few study tips, festival greetings, blogging, vlogging, programming, and taught foreigners to use Chinese high-tech that are not translated to English and/or other languages.
Then, I migrated my website to a China server with the host Tencent Cloud, which dramatically improves my website speed and performance and reduces the loading time.
On September 2020, I detemined my topics: study tips, tools and habits, changing my brand name to Ken's Study Journey with a new domain name www.kenstudyjourney.com.
At the end of 2021, I have enabled IPv6 on my website, as well as enabling 5G by increasing my server's bandwidth limit, to support the latest technology development. Learn More about IPv6
In 2022, I migrated my server to Alibaba Cloud.
I have also added some extra servers in the UK with Vultr (my invitation link) to boost my website speed at different places.
I now have 2 servers in total.